Tuesday 31 July 2012

In the Kitchen

 I have always felt an awesome kind of connection to the kitchen. I know, I know, many women say this so its a little cliche but I still admit to this connection.
In the kitchen...
I feel like am home. I feel like am in the right place. Like its perfect timing.
My mom always taught us how to handle the kitchen. Being the first born, I had to hold the kitchen turf when my mama was away. I had to cook, wash dishes and make everything ready for my family. One thing I noticed is that, I loved it.

Source: pitut.com via Melinda on Pinterest


Now, when am in the kitchen;
I feel like I own it. I feel like I run the place.
I sometimes feel crazy......
The kitchen helps me relieve stress. If am thinking (worrying) about something, the kitchen gives me an outlet. Cooking something, be it simple or complicated, makes my heart tick.
I really don't understand why I feel this way but I just do.
Sometimes, I feel like am clueless, but I know that I can learn.
I want to learn more.
In the kitchen:
I want to learn to cook a wider variety of dishes
I want more appliances so I can experiment more
I want to be more open to new ideas
I want to enjoy my time there even more than I do right now
I love the kitchen!!


5 comments:

  1. You know, I'm trying to find that type of love for a kitchen. I'm beginning to enjoy cooking more but usually after I finish cooking, I don't have a desire or an appetite to eat it. I think as soon as I get over that, I'll enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen stresses me out, but good for you!! Would love to like it like you do haha

    come say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com, happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I am awful at cooking but trying to learn because I feel connected to my grandma in the kitchen. She was always cooking when I was growing up, she grew up helping her mom run a restaurant. Cooking her recipes gives me such a feeling of happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I really hope you can love the kitchen some more. And have fun in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean!
    I love being in the kitchen and experimenting! I thank my mother for that.
    I protested quite a bit when she wanted me to join her in the kitchen while I was growing up, especially the teen years. But I'm so glad she pressed on and instilled in me as much as she could!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Love