Thursday 15 September 2011

Thankful Thursday- This Week

These days are flying but its all good and time for one of my favorite link-ups, Thankful Thursday at Southern Charm. Am a great fan of gratitude and this link-up gives me the opportunity to appreciate the things that am thankful for. So please join in.

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

First, am Thankful for am alive. This week in my country Kenya, there have been several disasters starting from fire to road accidents that have led to numerous deaths. However, I am still here and all my friends and family are. While other families are mourning, I have been given the opportunity to continue living. I am truly thankful for my life and the life of every person on this world.

Secondly, am thankful because i got the chance to donate blood and probably save the life of a person. Since the fire tragedy occurred on Monday, the Kenya Red Cross has organized blood donation drives and the turnout has been great. I know there are people who are willing to donate blood but they do not have enough, are pregnant or by any other means cannot donate blood. But I am grateful because I was healthy enough to donate blood and it surely felt good. You should try it sometime.

Am thankful for having the internet and this blog where I can talk and share my life with people. There are people who are so lonely and do not even have friends (both physical and virtual ones) to talk to. Am so thankful that I write things about my life and someone else can relate to it even when they are millions of miles away. Thank you to whoever discovered the internet, blogger and to my blog friends.


Lastly, am thankful for my mind and point of view that helps me retain sanity even when am so angry. I am an optimist and though some things happen and make me feel so low, I still have the strength to get up, suck it up and smile. I hope you can do the same and gratitude is definitely the way to start.



Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a powerful post! I will definitely keep you, your country, and the families that have been affected in my prayers! Giving blood is an awesome thing, and I'm so glad to hear about others who understand how important it is! I give blood every chance I get. Such a small thing that makes such a huge difference!! I wrote a post about it not too long ago :) Great things you are thankful for this week, and thank you so much for continuing to link your list up with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Love